Sunday, February 23, 2014

Book Review: I heart you, You haunt me by Lisa Schroeder



Title: I heart you, You haunt me
Author: Lisa Schroeder
Genre: Young Adult
Pages:  227
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Year Published: 2008
First Line: “I’ve never been to a funeral until today.”

“Girl meets boy.
Girl loses boy.
Girl gets boy back…
                                …sort of.
Ava can’t see or touch him,
Unless she’s dreaming.
She can’t hear his voice except for the faint whispers I her mind.
Most would think she’s crazy, but she know he’s here.
Jackson.
The boy Ava thought she’d spend the rest of her life with.
He’s back from the dead,
As proof that love truly knows no bounds.”

My Rating: 4/5

I never thought I would enjoy a book in poetry stance so much. It makes the story more dramatic. I love that time seems to be moving slower (in a good way) I feel like I got to know Ava. And that’s something that makes me truly happy. I feel that real authors are able to get across just who there characters are and we as readers can see them in our mind.
I also think that the themes in this novel were impressive. I think that as young adults death is something really hard to deal with. Not only if we’re directly affected but also if we know a friend who is going through the grieving process. We try to follow social norms but it is an awkward topic. I’d say more awkward than the sex talk.
Finally the suspense in this book wasn’t all that great, and for me that’s where it lost it’s one star. All an all a great weekend read.
THANK YOU LISA SCHROEDER FOR SHOWING GRIEVING IN IT’S FULL FORM!

Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment