Saturday, July 16, 2016

Spoiler: The New Hunger by Isaac Marion

So it's been about 2 years since I read the first book in this series and was surprised to find a novella on bookoutlet. I purchased it after rereading the review and spoiler along with some other finds. When I got it I realized how quick of a read it would be and read it quickly after a day at the lake. It was a great quick read for anyone looking for one and while it was a prequel to Warm Bodies I would not suggest reading it before the first book as it spoils the ending.

This novella tells the story of Nora, R and Julie as they come toward a final destination where they all will eventually meet. It's interesting to see how each of them had a different lifestyle during "the end." Obviously R's perspective is different from Nora's or Julie's but it was still an itneresting point of view to take in such desperate times. I also found it's writing to be more spooky than in the first book. In the first book I noticed that the story was more wrapped in horror than in humor which really brought me back to being interested in this series. The end is disturbing to picture without the graphic writing, but with it I held on Isaac Marion's every word.

Characters:
Nora: Her character makes so much more sense now that I know her background as well as her struggle through the uprising of the end. I was devastated to see her try to explain why her parents had left to her little brother as well as when he was captured. Although I knew it would happen eventually I wasn't quite ready for it when it did.... nice more Marion, nice move.

R: What an interesting perspective!?! I was especially sad to see how he came to be a zombie but it doesn't answer all my questions about what happened to those he was found with... what had happened before things had gone terribly wrong, I wonder.

Julie:It was tough seeing her humanity slip away as she had to kill to stay alive. It was also sad to see her hope get destroyed over and over again, but I was glad to see what her family had been through. If I reread the first book, I think it will help me to appreciate their characters even more. 


Moments to Remember:
Final Line: "Earth has a few more revolutions to make."

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment