Saturday, July 9, 2016

Spoiler: The Elite by Kiera Cass

So I spent a day off up at the lake completing this book and what a perfect day it was. I read the last one hundred pages quickly and then sat there thinking about when the next 4 books of the series will arrive at my P.O. box. Don't worry ladies and gents 8 days is all.
So this installment showed America in the Elite for the Selection. In the last book we see that she's excited to be involved in the competition and the Elite springs straight back into it.
The plot, along with all the twists and turns in this second book were interesting, but I must say I found myself rather annoyed with America. Her indecisiveness drove me crazy and I was actually hoping that someone else would win about half way through. That being said, I was drawn back in by the end with possibility that she would go home. The palace becomes more of a familiar setting and Illea's history becomes more clear as well in this second book. I look forward to see what will happen next in The One.

Characters:
America: As I mentioned above I found her character to be to indecisive. I do wonder how she will get through the rest of the competition when she can't seem to make up her mind. If she really loved Maxon wouldn't she let Aspen go? He let her go? I don't understand how this is so difficult. I also don't trust either of the men though. Especially when Aspen brings up things that he has heard. I do wonder what else she might have found if she continued to read the first kings journals. I hope that she smartens up but I doubt it.

Maxon: I wish that he wasn't falling for other girls but I understand why he does. But the thing with Celeste.... not ok in my books. I did feel horrible when I found out about his father. Especially in the situation we found out in. I wasn't surprised when he said that he didn't trust America and that she would have to gain his trust because she's really treated everyone around her as though there are not consequences to her action.

Aspen: I don't like him. I don't trust him and I don't want him... solid mah. He's just kind of there like an obstacle that America keeps running into instead of crossing over. He might make someone else very happy but he needs to back the heck up especially after what happened with Marlee.

Marlee: Holy crow! That was horrible. I can't believe that they were moved down that quickly and yet I'm surprised that Aspen and America never got caught. Marlee must really have loved this man to go through so much pain to be with him. Wouldn't it have been easier to just get kicked out and then find him after all is said and done? Too much champagne I suppose.

Celeste: I hate her but I understand why she's such a sly brat. She's always gotten what she wanted so why not now.

The King/Clarkson: Who could beat their own child?!? It doesn't seem to matter that he is full grown but I understand so much more about Maxon now than I ever did before.

The Queen/Amberly: What a sweet and kind woman, I wish she would stand up to her husband.

Kriss: She'd make a great queen but I find her to be to attached to soon to Maxon. He's not her's just yet and the fact that he has no problem making out with Celeste proves it. He needs something more.


Moments to Remember:
Final Line: "If I had them, there was no way I could lose."

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment