Sunday, February 26, 2017

Spoiler: The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall

Hey guys!
So this reading month. Let's talk about that. It hasn't been the best reading month for me. I knew that I would be doing a lot of travelling and life stuff. Damn being an adult. So let's get started with life changes that are going on or whatever excuses I have. I'm going to be moving from my parent's house (I moved back in after college while looking for an affordable place to rent)  to a basement suite in the upcoming months. I also drove 24 hours between two weekends to pick up and drop off my boyfriend from college for his spring break. We spent some time together so I didn't really want to miss time with him to read, but that's not the point of this post soo.....

The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall, damn what a ride. I really enjoyed the idea of this book. A select few families controlling the world is interesting to me though I'm not a huge believer in the New World Order conspiracy theory but it is interesting to think about. I also thought that the pacing was good for this book. That being said the writing was not my favourite style. I thought that aspects were obvious such as what was going to happen to many characters and who was going to get with who... humph damn it Jack. Now let's get into characters. Let's be honest now... I'm here for Stellan that's pretty much it at this point.

Characters (short and sweet I know):
Avery: I thought that she was too naive for being 16. At times I was like girl is 20 she's mature, she's ready. Other times I was like this loser is 13 she's stupid. So needless to say I yelled at the audiobook while driving in a completely safe manner. I think that she should be with Stellan. I love her. I'm excited to see what happens next in her story.

Jack: You're all right. I mean I felt kinda bad when you were going to die and shit, but you don't belong with Avery... so if you could just get going. that would be great.

Stellan: Unfortunate name choice I think based on his name. But he is my favourite character. I loved his accent in the book, his flirtation, his bad boy image, as well as his interior good guy. I can't wait to see the marriage aspect in the next book. 


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment