Sunday, December 24, 2017

Spoiler: The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan

I'm very proud of my reading this year. Not only did I read over the number of books I had planned to read, I read so many books that became new favourites. I also had the opportunity to reread some of my old favourites. For example, The Percy Jackson Series. The first time I read this series I was when I was 14 or 15 years old so little. Needless to say some of my opinions of changed. For example, I wasn't rooting for all the romances in this book this time around (possibly because I also remembered who ended up with who). There were still some aspects that surprised me even though this was a reread (ex. the spy).

Characters:
Percy: He has grown up so much as a character. To see him change from a preteen boy to a 16 year old in the course of 5 books was such an interesting reading experience. That being said, I'm looking forward to continuing in this world through different characters perspectives.

Annabeth: I love that she is tough and loyal, but also says it how it is. She's honest, maybe even to a fault. I can't wait to see if she makes a surprise appearance in any of the other series.

Rachel: I liked her, but not for Percy, which I knew didn't pan out in the end anyway. I was also fine with her becoming the oracle. That being said, I'm not sure how she's supposed to live a normal life if there is a chance she'll be spouting out prophecies.

Grover: Someone tell me he's in the next book because he's a crowd favourite. Let's be honest here, we all love Grover.

Nico: His powers are going to be so much stronger than ever imagined which makes me wonder about the newest great prophecy.

Tyson: I love this big guy. Peanut butter is a great war cry.

Luke: Would anyone else be interested in a Luke prequel story? Or is there one and I just don't know about it. Anyone know?

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment