Sunday, December 3, 2017

Book Review: Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray


16060716

Title: Lair of Dreams
Author: Libba Bray
Series/Standalone: The Diviners (Book #2)
Genre: Young Adult, Historical Fiction, Paranormal, Mystery
Pages: 613
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Year Published: 2015
Format: Physical Copy (Hardcover)
First Line: "Every city is a ghost."

"The longing of dreams draws the dead, and this city holds many dreams.

After a supernatural showdwon with a serial killer, Evie O'Neill has outed herself as a Diviner. With her uncanny ability to read people's secrets, she's become a media darling, earning the title 'America's Sweetheart Seer.' Evyerone's in love with the city's newest It Girl... everyone except the other Diviners.

Piano-playing Henry DuBois and Chinatown resident Ling Chan are two Diviners struggling to keep their powers a secret- for they can walk in dreams. And while Evie is living the high life, victims of a mysterious sleeping sickness are turning up across New York City.

As Henry searches for a lost love and Ling strives to succeed in a world that shuns her, a malevolent force infects their dreams. And at the edge of it all lurks a man in a stovepipe hat who has plans that extend farther than anyone can guess... As the sickness spreads, can the Diviners descend into the dreamworld to save the city?"

My Rating: 4.5/5

I've been debating whether this is a 5 star read for me and after a drive for thought, I've decided that it's great, but it's not quite a 5 star read for me this time around. I still absolutely love all the elements in this book. 20s paranormal mystery/thriller is exactly what I needed in my life. Something I didn't even know that I needed. It's crazy to say this about a 600 page book but I can't help but want and need more. So let's hope that I can afford the next book after Christmas shopping. I can't wait to continue on in the world and to see where all our characters will go. I loved the dynamic that the characters had together as well as apart. They are a diverse interesting cast coming from many walks of life which is something I can certainly appreciate. 

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment