Monday, December 11, 2017

Spoiler: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

This book was so much better than I thought it would be. When I first started reading and realized that this book was from a different perspective. I thought that we wouldn't really connect with Cinder and the rest of the story. That being said, Scarlet might be my favorite character throughout this series so far. I also loved exploring different parts of this new style world. France as a dystopian and changed country was a interesting to see and experience. I also enjoyed the one chapter from Levana's perspective.

Characters:
Scarlet: I really love Scarlet. I think she's sassy, loyal, a go getter. She does what she needs to do to help those around her. I also like how critical she was of people around her (for the most part). She's a badass and I hope we see more of her in the next book. 

Wolf: I also really liked him and Scarlet together. I'm not sure how popular that opinion is, but I don't care. I do wonder what he was taken from and turned into. The way he said, he remembered who he really was. I do wonder if maybe these wolf people are shells. 

Kai: I'm not overly impressed with him but he's making the choices he can with the bartering tools he has. That being said, he knows that Levana is going to take over the country one way or another.

Cinder: I liked how she was exploring her powers and learning what she was capable of. I also appreciated her exploring her past and learning more about herself. I'm curious to see where her story line will go. 

Thorne: I like him. He's sassy and he's a huge flirt which I'm on board with. Hopefully he finds someone to hang out with and who has the same sense of flirtation that he does.

Iko: She needs a different body. She's a bad ass ship, but what if she gets shot or something! Ugh.

Levana: I'm excited to see stories from her perspective and learn more about the reason she is the way she is.



Moments to Remember:

Final Line: "'And then I'm going to stop hiding.'"

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment