Sunday, December 3, 2017

Spoiler: Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray

So this series is getting more and more popular on reading sites as well as booktube and guys I'm here for it! I loved this book so much and can't wait to get into the next book. Although, the cover changes are a little blah. This book was an excellent installment into the series. Throughout this book readers get a chance to further explore 1920s New York and all that comes with it both good and bad. Our characters also have a chance to come to light throughout this story and we get to explore new characters perspectives. I absolutely love this series and am so incredibly excited to see where it goes.

Characters:
Evie: She wasn't my favorite in this book for the simple reason that she was starting to act like a bit of brat. Don't get me wrong she's just trying to be famous and doesn't want her powers to be closeted. But near the end of this book her actions are less than favorable. That being said, I like her alot better with Sam than I did with Jericho. They just make more sense together in my mind.

Theta: I like Theta, but I'm scared for her. No one knows that she can light people up if she wants to except Sam and Henry. And while I doubt they'll tell her secret, I think that sooner rather than later she needs to come clean. Maybe not to all of society but at least the others in our cast of characters. Especially Memphis.

Henry: I freaking love him. There I said it. I think that he has a tragic past and his future isn't looking so great either, just due to the time period. I'm sure his heart is completely broken, but I hope he can make a future that he is proud of. 

Sam:  I really like him. Like yes he's a bit of a cheat, but I mean no one is perfect. Also for him to be working so hard to find his mother is an interesting aspect. I'm so excited to see how that plays out in the long run, especially knowing what we do. 

Jericho: I'm curious about his relationship with Marlowe. I'm also wondering how that will play into his relationship with Ling in the future. 

Mabel: I have no doubt that she's heart broken but I'm proud of her for standing up for herself. The fact that she doesn't deserve to be lied to or treated as less than. I am curious about how the device reacts around her sometime. Also what would she do if she knew Jericho's past?

Memphis: I also love him, but I'm worried about who he's surronding himself with. I know that he needs to help his brother and keep him safe, but being budd with Bill doesn't seem to be helping. Not even a little bit.

Bill: I don't trust him, but I'm curious about his past and what he'd do if Memphis actually healed him. 

Ling: She's a very interesting character to read from based on the time period and her characteristics. I'm curious to see what happens with her dream walking in the next book. 


Moments To Remember:
Pg. 174
"'C'mon, Freddy,' Sam goaded, still trying to jimmy the lock. 'Is your curiousity button on the fritz?'
'No. Neither is my code-of-ethics button. Maybe you can ask Santa to bring you one of those for Christmas.'"

Final Line: "'For all of us.'"

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment