Saturday, December 2, 2017

Book Review: The Battle of The Labyrinth by Rick Riordan


2120932
Title: The Battle of The Labryinth
Author: Rick Riordan
Series/Standalone: Percy Jackson and The Olympians (Book #4)
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Mythology
Pages: 361
Publisher: Hyperion Books for Children
Year Published: 2008
Format: Audiobook

"Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. but when a mysterious mortal acquintance appears on campus, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to worse.
In this fourth installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half-Blood grows more vulnerable by the minute as Krono's army prepares to invade its once impenetrable borders. To stop the invasion, Percy and his demigod friends must set out on a quest through the Labyrinth- a sprawiling underground world with stunning surprises at every turn."

My Rating: 4/5

This reread has just been so awesome and I'm really getting more and more into the narration in the audiobook. Unfortunately, I remembered pretty quickly what I didn't like about this installment the first time I read it, and that didn't change with time. This series is so often catagorized as YA but in all reality it is more of a middle grade (that's just my personal opinion). I enjoyed the story overall and thought that it was an important stop to make before a huge finale but at some points it did feel a little bit like a filler book for the series. That being said, I plan to continue this series via audiobook and hope to finish it in the next few months (or when I can get my hands on the digital copy through Overdrive).

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment