Friday, April 13, 2018

Spoiler: After You by Jojo Moyes

I was really glad that I continued this series with an audiobook. It helped me to get through the first half of the story but by the second half of the story picked up and sucked me in. In the best possible way, I needed to know what Lou would do, where life would take and what choices she would make based on those in her life. The family antics where also entertaining but there were points where they got a little overdramatic to say the least.

Characters:
Lou: I think that she had a whole lot to overcome in this second book. I'm sure people are quick to judge about how she used the money that Will left her. But to an extent, I understand what she did and why she did it. I also am kind of glad that she took time to feel what she was feeling, and to take time for herself to heal. I'm curious to see how her next endeavour goes in the final book (as far as I know it's the final book... right?).

Sam: I loved his character especially the way he treats Lou. I respect his job and the crap he probably has to deal with. That being said, the shooting was more than a little overdramatic. I think that the fact that Lou was the one who had to hold in his blood was a little much for me. That being said, I'm curious to see how they'll do with distance due to their relationship being so physically based.

Lily: She was possibly my least favourite character in this whole book. I understand that she had a lot going on, but that again was very dramatic and seemed to be blown up repeatedly. I do wonder what she will do with her Granny now that they are getting closer. 

Bernard: His final hope to win back his wife made me laugh so hard. The fact that he sat through having his legs waxed to prove a point was fantastic. Also, the fact that he didn't act like he was the man through it all was hilarious.

Josie: Good on her for making a change and seeing that she needed to take time for herself and explore her future. I think it was also important to point out that no matter your age your relationship will go through struggles.

Richard: I wish that he hadn't smartened up in the end. It was kind of nice to have a jerk to pin something on.


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment