Sunday, April 15, 2018

Spoiler: Behemoth by Scott Westerfield

So the first book was kind of hard for me to get into but after getting closer to the end I became more interested in the characters and the plot point. I also enjoyed the use of steampunk elements more and more as the story went on. 
I did find the beginning to be interesting but found the more I read, the less I was into the storyline. And I'm not sure why. It just seemed to be a missing plot element for me. Especially with the use of love interests. That being said, I still enjoyed the story and look forward to finishing the series soon.

Characters:
Deryn: I loved her character and how strong she was to live in a group that was only for 'men' and 'boys' but here she is kicking ass. I also really enjoyed her loyalty to Alek as well as her ship. She grew a lot as a character this book, but that being said her increasing interest in Alek is frustrating. I just feel like this love is not necessary to the storyline at all.

Alek: He also grew as a character in this book. He really had to stand for himself in Istanbul and make choices for himself that would have serious consequences. While I didn't agree with all his choices, I loved that he was able to give information on himself before Deryn was dragged in with Malone.

Dr Barlow: I'm interested in her intentions with the creatures and Alek. Is she actually on their side or is she going to turn?

Malone: He was just a huge pain in the ass during the whole story. And I understood that was kind of the purpose of his character but it was extremely frustrating.

Bovril: I'm wondering about his species and what he will be used for now that his siblings are being hatched. What are they for and why are they only for Alek? And what does Barlow suspect?

Lilt: I liked that she was a strong character and willing to stand her ground for what she believed in that being said, I found that she was also an irritating character.

Nene: I hope we get to see her in the final instalment at some point. 


Moments to Remember:

Final Line: "What mad providence was this?"


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment