Sunday, April 15, 2018

Book Review: Behemoth by Scott Westerfield

7826116
Title: Behemoth
Author: Scott Westerfield
Series/Standalone: Leviathan (Book #2)
Genre: Steampunk, Science Fiction, Young Adult,
Pages: 481
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Year Published: 2010
Format: Paperback (Library Copy)
First Line: "Alek raised his sword."

"The behemoth is the fiercest creature in the British navy.It can swallow enemy battleships with one bite. The Darwinists will need it, now that they are at war with the Clanker powers.

Deryn is a girl posing as a boy in the British Air Service, and Alek is the heir to an empire posing as a commoner. Finally, together aboard the airship Leviathan, they hope to bring the war to a halt. But when disaster strikes the Leviathan's peacekeeping mission, they find themselves alone and hunted in enemy territory.

Alek and Deryn will need great skill, new allies and brave hearts to face what's ahead."

My Rating: 3.5/5

After being so drawn into the end of the first book, I was hoping to enjoy this book a little more than I did. I don't think that this book is bad by any means, it just seemed to be missing something that I needed as a reader. I enjoyed the change of scenery as well as the different characters we met in this second book, but nothing about it really wowed me. That being said, I do plan on continuing with the series and finishing it in the coming months. So far, I would recommend this series to anyone who is interested in a steampunk war historical fiction. If any of that sounds interesting to you, you would likely enjoy these novels.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment