Monday, March 11, 2019

Review: Lumberjanes: Band Together


28953803

Title: Band Together
Authors: Grace Ellis, Brooke A. Allen
Illustrators: Noelle Stevenson, Shannon Watters, Carolyn Nowak
Series/Standalone: Lumberjanes Vol. 5
Genre: Graphic Novel, YA, 
Pages: 112
Publisher: BOOM!Box
Year Published: 2016
Format: Paperback Copy (Library Copy)

"What gives, two legs?!

It's a battle of the bands... with mermaids! April takes it upon herself to restore a friendship that has fallen apart, but will she be in over her head as her above water friendships take a hit? When friendships are challenged, can the Lumberjanes save the day? Don't miss out on this exciting collection!" 

My Rating: 2.5/5

Let's be honest. This volume just has something missing. I didn't get the same vibe that I get from the rest of the series, the art style changed and the messages seemed to change as well. All of which is disappointing as this has been one of my favourite series up until now. I'm nervous about where the plot and art are going and hopefully, the next instalment captures my interest otherwise we could have a problem on our hands.
Needless to say, this was just ok for me and I will read the next one, but I'm just disappointed by the content of this volume.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment