Monday, March 11, 2019

Review: Lumberjanes: Sink of Swim


30312555

Title: Sink or Swim
Authors: Shannon Watters, Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis
Illustrators: Carey Pietsch
Series/Standalone: Lumberjanes Vol. 6
Genre: Graphic Novel, YA
Pages: 112
Publisher: BOOM!Box
Year Published: 2017
Format: Paperback (Library Copy)

"Knot on your life!
All is fair in love and badges! Or so April, Jo, Mal, Molly and Ripley thought until they met the mysterious counsellor, Seafarin' Karen. When the Lumberjanes decide it's time to learn more about the theatrical yet intriguing counsellor, things take a turn for the strange. Between a sudden storm hitting the camp, shapeshifters, and strange portals, this is one badge that the Lumberjanes must go above and beyond for."

My Rating: 4/5

So as I am a nervous human, I just decided to binge read this one tonight as well. I was a fan of the storyline far more in this one. It was less of a middle grade read and more just a general adventure story. I am still getting used to the art style, which is hard because I loved the style that they were drawn in, but this one is still interesting to me. I'm curious to see where the mystical woods aspect is going.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment