Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Book Review: Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


24909347
Title: Obsidio
Authors: Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
Series/Standalone: The Illuminae Files (Book #3)
Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult
Pages: 615
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Year Published: 2018
Format: Hardcover Copy (Own It)
First Line: "Perhaps we should get proceedings under way?"

"Kady, Ezra, Hanna and Nik narrowly escaped with their lives from the attacks on Heimdall station and now find themselves crammed with 2,000 refugees on the container ship, Mao. With the jump station destroyed and their resources scarce, the only option is to return to Kerenza- but who knows what they'll find seven months after the invasion?

Meanwhile, Kady's cousin, Asha, survived the initial BeiTech assault and has joined Kerenza's ragtag underground resistance. When Rhys- an old flame from Asha's past- reappears on the Kerenza, the two find themselves on the opposite sides of the conflict.

With time running out, a final battle will be waged on land and in space, heroes will fall, and hearts will be broken."

My Rating: 5/5

This! This right here might be my favourite read of the year. I was expecting not to enjoy this one as much as I had enjoyed the first book. I enjoyed the second book just not as much as the first and I had heard that many people didn't enjoy this one or it was their least favourite. I felt completely the opposite. I think this one was my favourite out of the three in the series. And I can say this with complete certainty as I have read all three in the course of the year. 
I think that the use of characters and the different sources of media throughout the series is amazing. I also enjoyed the change of plot points in this third instalment. 
Would recommend to lovers of sci-fi, and adventure plots alike. Or if you're looking for a different read than your norm. 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment