Friday, November 29, 2019

Reread Thoughts: King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard


30226723
Title: King's Cage
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Series/Standalone: Red Queen Series (Book #3)
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Dystopian
Pages: 528
Publisher: HarperTeen
Year Published: 2017
Format: Hardcover (Own it)
First Line: "I rise to my feet when he let me."

"In this breathless third installment to Victoria Aveyard's bestselling Red Queen series, allegiances are tested on every side. And when the Lightning Girl's spark is gone, who will light the way for the rebellion?

Mare Barrow is a prisoner, powerless without her lightning, tormented by her lethal mistakes. She lives at the mercy of a boy she once loved, a boy made of lies and betrayal. Now a king, Maven Calore continues weaving his dead mother's web in an attempt to maintain control over his country- and his prisoner.

As Mare bears the weights of Silent Stone in the palace, her once ragtag band of newbloods and Reds continue organizing, training and expanding. They prepare for war, no longer able to linger in the shadows. And Cal, the exiled prince with his own claim on Mare's heart, will stop at nothing to bring her back.

When blood turns on blood, and ability on ability, there may be no one left to put out the fire- leaving Norta as Mare knows it to burn all the way down."

My Rating: 5/5

Every time I reread this series, I'm worried that the only reason I love it so much is for nostalgia. It turns out I just freaking love the characters. They're interesting, complex and fleshed out in a way that I only first experienced when starting the series for the first time so many years ago. I think that Victoria Aveyard does a wonderful job of writing the setting and writing battle. Overall I love her work and am so excited to finally be continuing on with War Storm. It will be my first time reading the 4th instalment and while I'm excited I'm also nervous. Again would recommend to anyone interested in either Fantasy or Dystopian. I would say that this series is more character-based (while there are plot points you have to really care about the character in order to continue on). Overall love this series and its twists and turns!

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment