Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Book Review: The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton


35967101
Title: The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
Author: Stuart Turton
Series/Standalone: Standalone
Genre: Adult, Mystery, Thriller
Pages: 512
Publisher: Raven Books
Year Published: 2018
Format: Physical Copy (Own it)
First Line: "I forget everything between footsteps."

"At a gala a party thrown by her parents, Evelyn Hardcastle will be killed-- again. She's been murdered hundreds of times, and each day, Aiden Bishop is too late to save her. Doomed to repeat the same day over and over. Aiden's only escape is to solve Evelyn Hardcastle's murder and conquer the shadows of an enemy he struggles to even comprehend- but nothing and no one are quite what they seem.

Deeply atmospheric and ingeniously plotted, The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle is a highly original debut that will appeal to fans fo Kate Atkinson and Agatha Christie."

My Rating: 3/5

I was on a roll with this book. I was enjoying the atmosphere, I was liking the premise but the further in a went the more the intrigue just didn't do it for me. There are plenty of twists and turns. Very interesting to read about but after so many, I was just not entertained. The characters were interesting to read from especially because we are able to read from different points of view during the mystery but other than that it was just too much. I also just didn't like the ending. It was a weird let off and while I've still got questions, I don't think I'd read anything else from this world. Unless it was short and convenient to read. 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment