Sunday, April 26, 2020

Book Review: Interview With The Vampire by Anne Rice


9646229
Title: Interview With the Vampire
Author: Anne Rice
Series/Standalone: The Vampire Chronicles (Book #1)
Genre: Horror, Fantasy, Classic
Pages: 353
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Year Published: 1976
Format: Audiobook (Own It)

"Here are the confessions of a vampire. Hypnotic, showing and chillingly erotic, this is a novel of mesmerizing beauty and astonishing forces story of danger and flight, of love and loss, of suspense and resolution, and of the extraordinary power of the sense. It is novel only Anne Rice could write."

My Rating: 1.5/5

I know that this is a lot of people's favourite series and I can honestly say, I don't think I get it. Maybe someone could let me know if they are all written in the same fashion and same format. Because I'd be willing to continue if I knew next books in the series would be different but at this point, I just don't really care. I was intrigued by the idea of different kinds of vampires and vampire children but then it just seemed to drag to me. I did care about some of the characters in the story, and the atmospheric writing was beautiful, but at this point, I just don't think that I will continue the series.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment