Sunday, April 19, 2020

Book Review: A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray


17234658
Title: A Thousand Pieces of You
Author: Claudia Gray
Series/Standalone: Firebird Series
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction, Romance
Pages: 368
Publisher: Harper Teen
Year Published:2014
Format: Audiobook

"Margurite Caine's physicist parents are known for their groundbreaking achievements. Their most astonishing invention, called the Firebird, allows users to jump into multiple universes- and promises to revolutionize science forever. But then Marguerite's father is murdered, and the killer- her parent's handsome, enigmatic assistant Paul- escapes into another dimension before the law can touch him. 

Marguerite refuses to let the man who destroyed her family go free. So she races after Paul through different universes, always leaping into another version of herself. But she also meets alternate versions of people she knows- including Paul, whose life entangles with hers in increasingly familiar ways. Before long she begins to question Paul's guilt- as well as her own heart. And soon she discovers the truth behind her father's death is far more sinister than she expected."

My Rating: 4.25/5

I had heard really great things about this series when it had first come out and upon its completion. As I normally do, I definitely put this off, which Is a major trend from me. Many of my books on my physical TBR are from this era when I had more disposable income to purchase books on a whim. I really enjoyed this book, I think that the concept of jumping through dimensions into our bodies in those dimensions is just so fascinating. I also loved the character choices that were made. I felt like at some points the relationships in this love triangle felt a little forced, but overall I really enjoyed seeing how our characters interact with each other and the changing world around them. I'm curious to read the next book in the series asap.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment