Sunday, April 26, 2020

Book Review: This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab


26074170
Title: This Savage Song
Author: Victoria Schwab
Series/Standalone: Monsters of Verity Duology (Book #1)
Genre: Dystopia, Young Adult, Fantasy
Pages: 428
Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Year Published: 2016
Format: Hardcover Copy (Own It)
First Line: "The night Kate Harker decided to burn down the school chapel, she wasn't angry or drunk."

"There's no such thing as safe.

Kate Harker wants to be a ruthless as her father. After five years and six boarding schools, she's finally going home to prove that she can be.

August Flynn wants to be human. But he isn't. He's a monster, one that steals souls with a song. He's one of the three most powerful monsters in a city overrun with them. His own father's secret weapon.

Their city is divided.
Their city is crumbling.
Kate and August are the only two who see booths ides, the only two who could do something.
But how do you decide to be a hero or a villain when it's hard to tell which is which?"

My Rating: 3.75/5

This book wasn't what I had at first expected. This is my first time reading Victoria Schwab's writing and I know that for many in the YA book community her work is a staple. That made me a little nervous going into it. I really enjoyed this novel overall. I think that the characters were lovable and interesting. That being said the plot was predictable for me. I assumed what was going to happen and who would be involved. I enjoyed the concept of crimes and wrongdoing becoming something that really terrorizes humanity. I also enjoyed the concept of different crimes resulting in different types of "monsters."
 I am curious about how the second and final book would be written and what the plot will be. I do hope to read this book once the local libraries reopen in my area! 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny


No comments:

Post a Comment