Sunday, June 21, 2020

Book Review: Always and Forever, Lara jean by Jenny Han

35247769. sy475

Title: Always and Forever, Lara Jean
Author: Jenny Han
Series/Standalone: To All the Boys I've Loved Before Series (Book #3)
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 325
Publisher: Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers
Year Published: 2017
Format: Audiobook

"Lara Jean is having the best senior year.

And there's still so much to look forward to: a class trip to New York City, prom with her boyfriend Peter, Beach Week after graduation, and her dad's wedding to Ms. Rothchild. Then she'll be off to college with Peter, at a school close enough for her to come home and bake chocolate chip cookies on the weekends.

Life couldn't be more perfect!

At least, that's what Lara Jean thinks... until she gets some unexpected news.

Now the girl who dreads change must rethink all her plans- but when your heart and head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?"

My Rating: 3.5/5

I've liked listening to these audiobooks. They are quirky, fun and coming of age stories, without a doubt. In all honesty, I started reading these books after watching the first Netflix movie. I enjoyed the plot so much while being cute it was also quirky and fun. Lara Jean has an interest in fashion and baking that isn't something I've noticed in books so clearly before. While I enjoyed the first book immensely, the last two didn't hit me the same way that the first one did. 

This final book in the trilogy really follows Lara Jean in growing up. Watching changes in her household unfold, knowing that she won't live there in the coming years, finding a college/university that she loves and figuring out what her life will look like after high school comes to a close. While those aspects were interesting, I found myself annoyed at times by behaviours of either Lara Jean herself or people she surrounded herself with. I do want to read more of the authors work, and will be watching all the Netflix movies as they come out (are they making the third one?). 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny
 

No comments:

Post a Comment