Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Book Review: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling

18457987

Title: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows
Author: JK Rowling
Series/Standalone: Harry Potter Series (Book #7)
Genre: Classic, Young Adult, Fantasy
Pages: 607
Publisher: Bloomsbury UK
Year Published: 2007
Format: Paperback Copy (Own it)
First Line: "The two men appeared out of nowhere, a few yards apart in the narrow, moonlit lane."

"Harry Potter faces a seemingly impossible task. He will not return to Hogwarts for his seventh year; instead, he will finish the quest started by Albus Dumbledor. He must hunt down and story Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes. Only then will he be able to rid the world of the Dark Lord's shadow once and for all.

This final battle is Harry's destiny, and destiny demands that he rise to meet his true fate without fear.

My Rating: 4.5/5

I do not agree with JK Rowling's views or support her views! We all know she is the devil in disguise. I will say that Harry Potter and the HP world is very important to me. It's gotten me through multiple dark times in my life. And completing a long reread, I was surprised by how much I ended up enjoying this final book even though it took about 2 months to complete. I think that the series wraps so well after the final battle and while it's heartbreaking it also inspiring in some ways. To see how the characters have grown, how they've changed and adapted to the war around them is such an amazing story. I know that I will always love Harry Potter, and I have no plans on giving away by book set, but I will not be buying anything that will profit She Who Must Not Be Named. 

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment