Monday, October 19, 2020

Review: Demons by Kurtis J. Wiebe



 Title: Demons
Author: Kurtis J. Wiebe
Artists: Tess Fowler (art), Tamra Bonvillain (colours), and Ed Brisson (lettering)
Series/Standalone: Rat Queens (Volume 3)
Genre: Graphic Novel, Fantasy, Adult
Pages: 160
Publisher: Image Comics
Year Published: 2016
Format: Paperback Copy (Borrowed)

"Having survived the end of the world, the Queens follow Hannah back to where it all began: Mage University. A long perilous journey awaits the Rat Queens as they attempt to find out what happened to Hannah's father while battling their own demons."

My Rating: 5/5

This volume had a bit of a different art style that took a bit of getting used to for me. I find that when art styles change it throws me off a little and takes a while for me to get to the plot at hand. That being said, as with the last volumes I was sucked into the plot quickly. After learning more about the main characters pasts I'm beginning to understand how they came together as a party of rage tag, drinking, partying, and badass women. I look forward to seeing where the plot goes from here, as I've seen reviews that say we go in a totally different direction with no explanation of what becomes of our current plot points. I hope that it isn't too disjointed. Would recommend this series overall so far though.

Thanks for reading,

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment