Monday, October 3, 2011

Book Review: Mud Girl by Alison Acherson



"Mud girl, living at the river's edge.
Abi- Aba Zytka Jones lives with her dad in an odd little house that hangs over the Fraser River. Her mom took off a year ago. In his own way, so did her dad. She didn't fit in, never has, and she has questions.
Jude- the cute guy from the paint shop- starts to take an interest. Then she meets his two-year-old son, Dyl. The questions get even more complicated.
Ernestine- is she there to help Abi- or her dad?
Can Abi find the answers?"









MY RATING: 8/10
I liked this book.. it was good. And I'm sure someone will be mad because I didn't give it a perfect ten but I do have my reasoning. I didn't really relate well with Abi. I found her difficult to relate to and that's a real problem for me. I like most of the characters though so it was good just not... great. I was hoping though that it wouldn't end so abruptly. Endings are my downfall.... if I really like something( a book, movie) seeing it end is hard. This book was also a different style of writing (the characters are like the "regular" main characters) which is good. Being individual is goood! I did like that Abi was caring to everyone and so I still thank you Alison Acheson.
THANK YOU ALISON ACHERSON FOR SHOWING THAT DOING THE RIGHT THING CAN BE TOUGH BUT IT'S ALWAYS WORTH IT!
Sincerely, Sidny ♫♪♥

No comments:

Post a Comment