Sunday, July 22, 2012
Kate's Choice: Little House In the Highlands by Melissa Wiley
Title: Little House In The Highlands
Author: Melissa Wiley
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers Inc.
Year Published: 1999
"The little Hous books have captivated millions of readers with their story of Laura Ingalls, a pioneer girl growing up on the American frontier. Now travel back three generations before Laura's and read the story of Martha Morse, a little girl who would grow up to leave Scotland and start a new life in America, and who would become Laura Ingals Wilder's great-grandmother.
It's 1788, and six-year-old Martha lives in a little stone house in Clencaraid, Scotland. Martha's father is Laird Glencaraid, and the life of a laird's daughter is not always easy for a lively girl like Martha. She would rather be running barefoot through field of heather and listening to magical tales of fairies and other Wee Folk than learning to sew like a proper young lady. But between her dreaded sewing lessons, Martha still finds time to play on the rolling Scottish hills."
Kate's Rating: 9/10
1. Did you enjoy this book?♥ Yeah, I enjoyed this book because it was interesting seeing what it was like so long ago.
2. What was your favorite part of this book?♥ I can't choose! All of it!
3. What is your favorite character and why?♥ Martha is my favorite character because she was energetic.
4. Would you continue reading this series?♥ Yes I would and hopefully will.
5. What was your favorite part?♥My favorite parts were when they were talking about fairies, brownies and mystical creatures.
6. Was this different from other books you've read?♥ Yes, it was very different from other books I've read. They live in Scotland so this book is written with accents. This makes some pages harder to understand.
7. Least favorite part?♥Don't have one :)
8. Why did you pick this book out?♥Someone suggested it to me, two people actually.
9.Who would you recommend it to?♥Anybody who likes fun books, with history, also including a little magic.
10. If you could speak to the author, what would you say?♥ I would say that I really enjoyed this book and I would love to read more from her!
Hope you enjoyed this month's Kate's Choice :)
Sidny & Kate ♥♪♫