Friday, May 10, 2013

Book Review: Crank by Ellen Hopkins

Title: Crank
Author: Ellen Hopkins
Pages: 537
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Year Published: 2004

“Life was good
Before I met         the monster
                            After,
                            life
                                               was great,
                                              At least
                                                                for a little while.”

“Kristina is the perfect daughter: gifted high school junior, quiet, never any trouble. Then she meets the monster: crank. And what begins as a wild ride turns into a struggle of her mind, her soul—her life.”

My Rating: 5/5

A couple of my friends suggested this book too me, and I’m happy that I read it. This isn’t you’re average novel, Ellen Hopkins takes her writing too the next level and is original and unique.  Using a poetic writing style, the reader is able to understand what is going on while still being slightly confused (a good confused though). I think that drugs are an important topic for everyone to read about, not just teens, and finding out what the effects on your mental, physical and emotional health is just as important, if not more. I think most kids have presentations about not doing drugs cause it will kill you, but none of that sinks in unless you see it or can visualize it. I believe that Ellen Hopkins is able to do just that. She makes the reader see all the sides and doesn’t hold back on the feelings of drugs.
THANK YOU ELLEN HOPKINS FOR A DIFFERENT AND INTRIGUING WRITING STYLE!

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny ♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment