Friday, May 24, 2013

Nonrated Book Review: Jay's Journal by Anonymous

 
Title: Jay’s Journal
Author: Anonymous (Edited by Dr. Beatrice Sparks)
Pages: 230
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Year Published: 1978

“December 18
Things are going from worse to impossible. I’m fighting a losing battle…
Jay thought he could handle anything. The first time he took drugs was for fun. But what started as an escape quickly spiraled into a haze of addiction. That was just the beginning of the dangerous path that ultimately led Jay to take his own life.”

No Rating (This is a nonfiction book, see the update below).

I don’t think that I can rate someone’s life, that’s not fair at all. I do wonder though that when this journal was edited how much of the witchcraft information was written down and how much was gathered from interviews and other research. I think that this book isn’t just a book. It teaches about things that we may or may not believe in (the supernatural included). It shows that sometimes you can’t trust your own eyes, or maybe you’re brain if drugs have affected it. Maybe, this all really happened. It’s a scary thought and I don’t think any of us are ready to understand what that would mean. Although this journal was written I believe in the 70s, it’s still fairly accurate.  It’s a learning experience just reading this book and I’m happy that I picked it up off the shelf.

SPOILER ALERT!

♥Moments to Remember♥:
♥Pg. 90
“They can both go kiss a cactus.”

♥Pg. 167
“She’d gone home from school and made me chocolate chip cookies… isn’t that bitchin’? Tina the little homemaker, the chocolate chip baker.. Oh the joy.”

Thanks for reading this Nonrated Book Review.
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment