Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Spoiler: Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

This book was a really surprising read. I had was expecting a book that I would hate because usually when I read about zombies they scare the crap out of me. And in this one, well it was scary it was a far more humorous look at them. As our narrator is a zombie. And thank goodness it was. I can’t imagine this book being written another way. I loved it! So let’s talk about the best part, the
♥Characters♥
♥R: He’s an interesting character to say the least. Even before he meets Julie the fact that he goes and gathers Senatra records and collects random things makes me smile. Oh and that he rides escalators for fun! Hilarious. I wasn’t surprised when he fell for Julie, just surprised that Perry still was around in his head just egging him on.. I think that was the most interesting part. The way their thoughts combined and he began to understand what humanity really is. Oh, and the fact that true love prevailed; I wouldn’t be myself if I didn’t love that. When we found that his kids changed back I cried. No lie. Oh and how they’re changing the world, fantastic!!!!
♥Julie: She’s had an obvious tough life, but none the less she preservers. I love that she has so much hope, and how she opens that up for people, in fact to many people who have no hope left. I was surprised to learn about how her dad was and what he changed into when things collapsed. I was also surprised when she got over Perry so quickly, but I guess if you’re with someone who constantly is saying goodbye, when it happens it isn’t such a shock. In the end she made the right choice. Yay!
♥Perry: He was quite the guy. I think that if he had been born in a different time then maybe things would have been different for him. He would have strived in our current environment where there is nothing but hope, but when he was pressed into a tough situation and had lost everything he just started to give up. And isn’t that sad?
♥M: I really hope he ended up with Nora, it’s certainly an intriguing thought. He seems like a sweet guy all in all. Lady killer… haha literally.
♥Nora: I wonder how she could hook up with Perry and then just be his friend and how Julie would ever handle that. That’s just madness in my mind but at the end of the world, I guess anything is possible….
Grigio: Before he died, I think he was already lost. Sad really.

Moments to Remember
♥Pg. 54
“’I… find things… sometimes. But we don’t… seek.’
‘Really,’ Julie says. ‘Well that’s a fucking tragedy.’ She continues to dig through my records, but her tone starts to escalate as she speaks. ‘You don’t think about new things? You don’t seek? What’s that even mean? You don’t seek what? Music? Music is life! It’s physical emotion- you can touch it! It’s neon ecto-energy sucked out of spirits and switched into sound waves for you ears to swallow. Are you telling me, what, that it’s boring? You don’t have time for it?’”

♥Pg. 109
“It frustrates and fascinates me that we’ll never know for sure, that despite the best efforts of historians and scientists and poets, there are some things we’ll just never know for sure, that despite the best efforts of historian and scientists and poets, there are some things we’ll just never know. What the first song sounded like. How it felt to see the first photograph. Who kissed the first kiss, and if it was any good.”

♥Pg. 112
“’Do you think it’s stupid?’
‘What?’
‘To fall in love.’
He pauses, the puts his walkie away. ‘What do you mean, Pear.’
‘Like… now. The way things are now. I mean everything’s so uncertain… is it stupid to waste time on stuff like that in a world like this? When everything might fall apart any minute?’
My dad looks at me for a long time. ‘When I met your mom,’ he says, ‘I asked myself that. And all we had going on back then was a few wars and recessions.’ His walkie starts crackling again. He ignores it. ‘I got nineteen years with your mom. But do you think I would’ve turned down the idea if I’d known I’d only get one year? Or a month?’ He surveys the construction, shaking his head slowly.”

♥Pg. 218
“’Want some wine? It’s an ’86 Mouton Rothschild. I’d describe it as yummy with notes of fucking delicious.’”

♥Final Line: “Because we want it.”



Thanks for reading,
Love,

Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment