Sunday, August 2, 2015

Book Review: Last Summer by Hailey Abbott



Title: Last Summer
Author: Hailey Abbott
Series/Novel: Summer Boys (Book #4)
Genre: Young Adult, Chicklit, Romance
Pages: 233
Publisher: Alloy Entertainment
Year Published: 2007
First Line: “‘Congratulations, graduates!’ cried the principal of Martin High, directly into the microphone.”

“Stealing kisses. Keeping secrets. Making memories.
Beth: Who says you can’t be friends with your ex? It’s the summer before college and George and I are keeping things totally platonic. Aren’t we?
Ella: I love Jeremy. But seeing Peter, my old flame, hook up with a new girl is driving me a little too crazy.
Kelsi: Bennett and I are ready to take things to the next level—except we’re so far apart. Long-distance makes everything harder.
It’s the steamiest summer yet on the beach. The girls have saved the best for last.”

My Rating: 5/5

This is the end of the series by Hailey Abbot. It’s a bittersweet end for me. I feel like I’ve traveled so far with the Tuttle cousins. Seeing them through three summers of their lives. Important summers of their lives, I feel that being a teenager is a tough 7 years, especially when you notice the opposite sex. This final book made me laugh, cry and gasp in surprise. I will gladly say that this is one of my favourite chicklit series I have ever read. I’ve been wondering how the series would end and this seemed to be a perfect way to finish with the majority of the girls going out of high school and starting into the real world. To see the characters end on such a sad note was heartbreaking, but I realize that this is how it was meant to be. To leave Pebble Beach behind for a while and focus on each individual life afterwards.
THANK YOU HAILEY ABBOTT FOR MAKING ME FEEL AT HOME AT PEBBLE BEACH!

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment