Sunday, May 28, 2017

Book Review: Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples


15704307
Series: Saga
Volume: 1
Authors/Artists: Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples
Genre: Graphic Novel, Science Fiction, Fantasy
Pages: 160
Publisher: Image Comics
Year Published: 2012
Format: Physical Copy (Own It)

"When two soldiers from opposite sides of a never-ending galactic war fall in love, they risk everything to bring a fragile new life into a dangerous, old universe.

From bestselling writer Brian K. Vaghan, Saga is the sweeping tale of one young family fighting to find their place in the worlds. Fantasy and science fiction are wed like never before in this sexy, subversive drama for adults."

My Rating: 5/5

Ok clearly, I loved this first volume that I read within 2 hours. I try to space out my reading of graphic novels so I don't just read those without a pause for other novels. I really loved this story and the adult aspect which I did have not experienced in a graphic novel before. I think the author and the artist did a wonderful job melding together their words and their artwork. I loved the characters, the world was extremely interesting and the narrative voice was fantastic. I can't wait to see where this story will go and hope to share it with my boyfriend (pretty sure I have him convinced to read it). I would note that this is a very adult storyline so if you're sensitive to nudity, swearing and adult themes I would not recommend. 

Thanks for reading and hope to post more soon!

Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment