Friday, November 23, 2018

Spoiler: Invictus by Ryan Graudin

So this book was one that drew me in by the cover and once I realized who the author was I was super interested in reading it. I loved the storyline and the characters overall. What really interested me though, was the idea of time travel and being born outside of time. That really kept me interested throughout the story. I will say that the twist of having different universes really wasn't what I expected and I had trouble getting behind that idea. That is the reason that my rating was on the lower side.

Character:
Farway: I think that his character impressed me. He was able to move on from defeat, with the help of someone fudging with his past and present, but he was able to find a way to follow his dreams. I also appreciated his willingness to sacrifice himself for his friends and the future. I do wonder what the future will hold for him and Priya.

Priya: Priya was probably my favourite character. She just had a fire that the others lacked to a point. She pushed for what she believed in and stood by Far no matter what but pushed him to be the best him. I think she stood apart from him enough though that she wasn't just Far's girlfriend. She was important in her own right.

Eliot: I don't know how I feel about her. I think that she was doing the best that she could but she annoyed me to no end if we're being honest. Even when she came back in the epilogue I was just annoyed.

Imogen: I think that she is the more like me than I'd care to admit. Her love for the fuzzy creatures was so sweet and really expanded her as a character. I also loved that she was able to keep fun logs, she gave the events of the book touches of humour in times of stress.

Gram: I'd be lying if I said I understood the logic of his brain, but I did appreciate his character for being able to fix problems with numbers and logic. Otherwise Far probably would have died and the fade still would have existed.


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment