Sunday, November 18, 2018

Spoiler: They Both Die At the End by Adam Silvera

So I've read a few of Adam Silvera's books now and I'm not sure if his books are for me. I was interested in his writing after hearing so much hype about his ideas, and I think that his ideas are very deep and creative, but they lack something for me. It's just the follow through that isn't quite what I imagine. I think the idea of Death-Cast would really mess with the world. The more that I read, the more I realized knowing you were going to die often drove characters to their death. Doing things that they often would not do in life.

Characters:
Mateo: I think his fear of leaving his home was dangerous on itself, but he was able to keep himself safe there. But he wasn't really living his life to the fullest through his life at home. That being said, he likely wouldn't have died if he hadn't been given the alert. Although he did find someone to love and spend his final day with. I was impressed with his growth over one day.

Rufus: I think that his growth was also amazing but it was more in a social and emotional way than the way that Mateo grew. He was able to cope better with his past and what he assumed were his mistakes. He was able to deal with his past issues and move on in peace throughout the day (other than the very end). 

Tagoe and Malcom: Not ratting out on a friend and living life as a chosen family is so amazing to me. Being there to chose your family and staying loyal even though it's not through blood makes me so happy. 

Lidia: Her character was impressive to me. To be able to deal with the death of her child's father, and then her best friend within a year is powerful. She's raising her daughter amazingly and with confidence.

Aimee: I wonder about what she will do in the future. Who will she be able to get along with after everything she's seen? Certainly not Peck!

Peck: Possibly one of my least favourite characters in any contemporary I've read.


Moments to Remember:

Final Line: "I cross the street without an arm to hold me back."

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment