Monday, November 12, 2018

Book Review: Half Wild by Sally Green


20814989
Title: Half Wild
Author: Sally Green
Series/Standalone: The Half Bad Trilogy (Book #2)
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult, Paranormal
Pages: 412
Publisher: Viking Juvenile
Year Published: 2015
Format:  Physical Library Copy 
First Line: "a crossbill calls"

"'You will have a powerful Gift, but it's how you use it that will show you to be good or bad.'

In a modern-day England where two warring factions of witches live amongst humans, seventeen-year-old Nathan is an abomination, the illegitimate son of the world's most powerful and violent witch. Nathan is hunted from all sides: nowhere is safe and no one can be trusted. Now, Nathan has come into his own unique magical Gift, and he's on the run-- but Hunters are close behind, and they will stop at nothing until they have captured Nathan and destroyed his father."

My Rating: 3.5/5

I really enjoyed this story overall. I was interested in finding out more about Nathan's gift and life after the events of the first book. I was entertained, it was full of action and adventure. The plot really never stopped and that is where my rating comes into play. After discussing my feelings with others, it's safe to say that I felt rushed. In my opinion, I would just start to come to understanding one plot point and something else crazy would go on. This did two things, made me feel like I'd read more than I had and at some points confused me. That being said, I plan on continuing the series and finishing it off next month.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny


No comments:

Post a Comment