Friday, November 23, 2018

Book Review: Invictus by Ryan Graudin


Invictus
Title: Invictus
Author: Ryan Graudin
Series/Standalone: Standalone
Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult, Time Travel
Pages: 464 
Publisher: Little Brown Books for Young Readers
Year Published: 2017
Format: Audiobook

"Time Flies when you're plundering history.

Farway Gauis McCarthy was born outside of time. The sone of time-travelling Recorder from 2354 AD and a gladiator living in Rome in 95 Ad, Far's birth defies the laws of nature. Exploring history himself is all he's ever wanted, and after failing his final time-travelling exam, Far takes a position commanding a ship with a crew of his friends as part of a black market operation to steal valuable from the past. 

But during a heist on the sinking Titanic, Far meets a mysterious girl who always seems to be one step ahead of him. Armed with the knowledge that will bring Far's very existence into question, she will lead Far and his team on a race through time to discover a frightening truth: History is not as steady as it seems."

My Rating: 3.5/5

This book was something I was very interested in after reading The Walled City and the title drew me in for the audiobook. I think that audiobook is definitely the way to go for this book. I really enjoyed the narration as well the ideas explored throughout the book. I would have to say that the first half of the book was my favourite, but after a certain reveal, I didn't enjoy the second half of the book as much. I'm looking forward to reading more of the author's works and will likely borrow more on audiobook. 

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment