Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Book Review: Ninth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer

Title: Ninth Grade Slays Author: Heather Brewer Pages: 278 Publisher: Penguin Group Year Published: 2008
"High school totally bites when you’re half human, half vampire. Freshman year sucks for Vlad Tod. Bullies still harass him. The photographer from the school newspaper is tailing him. And failing his studies could be deadly. A trip to Siberia gives “study abroad” a whole new meaning as Vlad connects with other vampires and advances his mind-control abilities, but will he return home with the skills to recognize a vampire slayer when he sees one? In this thrilling sequel to Eighth Grade Bites, Vlad must confront the secrets of the past and battle forces that once again threaten his life. Find out why author D. J. MacHale calls The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod “Gruesome, heartwarming, spellbinding.” My Rating: 9/10 In this book, Vlad is entering High School, scary I know ;), and basically it follows him through this years struggles and successes. I enjoyed this book, but it wasn't all I hoped it would be. The characters from the first book, we get to see develope which is the wonderful thing about any book series. I just don't enjoy the way that new characters are introduced. I find that personally I find the first book in a series hard to follow up, Heather Brewer did a good job, just not a 10/10 job. I didn't like how fast the time passed in this sequel. I found myself having a little trouble keeping up with how quickly time was moving. I still love Vlad :) He's a cutie. So basically that's my take on it. THANK YOU HEATHER BREWER FOR GETTING INSIDE THE TEENAGE WORLD! Hope you guys had a wonderful Tuesday. Love, Sidny♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment