Sunday, April 8, 2012

Book Review: Eighth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer


Title: Eighth Grade Bites
Author: Heather Brewer
Pages: 182


"Vladimir Tod. Normal eighth-grade student? or powerful vampire?"
"Junior high really stinks for thirteen-year-old Vladimir Tod. Bullies harrass him, the principal is dogging him, and the girl he likes prefers his best friend. Oh, and Vlad has a secret: His mother was human, but his father was a vampire. With no idea of the extent of his powers and no one to teach him, Vlad struggles daily with his blood cravings, and his enlarged fangs. When a strange substitute teacher begins to question him a little too closely, Vlad worries that his cover is about to be blown. But then he realizes he has a much bigger problem: He's being hunted by a vampire killer who is closing in... fast!"


My Rating: 10/10

I loved this book! I started reading it last night and couldn't put it down until I was yelled at. The way that Heather Brewer tells Vlad's story, is both funny and full of action. I think that she uses both of these things the best way possible. I laughed and gasped in horror in this book, sometimes simultaneously. I love when I book can change moods quickly and effectively. I think this book shows a different side to vampires, it didn't really mimic anything else I've read. It's individual and I believe that it helps all those kids who have at one point been picked on (me included... hard to believe i know :P ). I hope that you all take the time to read this action packed book.
THANK YOU HEATHER BREWER FOR STICKING UP FOR THE UNDERDOG!

Thanks for reading, please feel free to leave any comments below or email me at sweetgirlsid@hotmail.com
Next book on the list is............... Wild Orchid by Beverley Brenna!
Love,
Sidny♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment