Sunday, December 11, 2016

Review: Salior Moon Vol. 01 by Naoko Takeuchi


22052356

Title: Sailor Moon Vol. 01
Author: Naoko Takeuchi
Series/Standalone: Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon (#1)
Genre: Manga, Fantasy, YA
Pages: 248
Publisher: Kodansha Comics
Original Year Published: 1992

"The first installment of a magical adventure series that sees girls fighting evil. Usagi Tsukino is a normal girl until she meets up with Luna, a talking cat, who tells her that she is Sailor Moon. As Sailor Moon, Usagi must fight evils and enforce justice, in the name of the Moon and the mysterious Moon Princess. She meets other girls destined to be Sailor Senshi (Sailor Scouts) and together, they fight the forces of evil."

My Rating: 5/5



So I have never read a manga before, and have just recently started reading graphic novels, so this is a first for me. I really enjoyed it and was surprised at how easy it was to read. I quickly got wrapped up into the story, which wasn't a huge surprise for me because I watched a ton of sailor moon when I was younger. The nostalgia was strong and I felt like I understood so much more about the story overall as I'm older. Although I loved the story, I forgot how young Usagi was so if you are an adult reading this be prepared for a middle school girl. I really enjoyed the characters and the story line. I plan to pick up the next one as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment