Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Book Review: Delirium by Lauren Oliver


11614718
Title: Delirium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Series/Standalone: Delirium (Book #1)
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Romance
Pages: 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Format: Paperback Copy (Own It)
First Line: "It has been sixty-four years since the president and the Consortium identified love as a disease, and forty-three since the scientists perfected a cure."

"In an alternate United States, love has been declared a dangerous disease, and the government forces everyone who reaches eighteen to have a procedure called the Cure. Living with her aunt, uncle and cousins in Portland, Maine, Lena Haloway is very much looking forward to being cured and living a safe, predictable life. She watched love destroy her mother and isn't about to make the same mistake.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena meets enigmatic Alex, a boy from the 'Wilds' who lives under the government's radar. What will happen if they do the unthinkable and fall in love?"

My Rating: 3.75/5

This book is said to be the best of the series, which makes me more than a little nervous about continuing on. I really enjoyed the first 3/4 of the book. I thought that the characters were well planned out and the world was interesting to read about. I also really appreciated the quotes at the beginning of each chapter. I think where this book lost my interest was when there were twists and turns too close together. I'm thinking about listening to the audiobook for the next books over the summer if I should physically read them let me know.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment