Sunday, July 15, 2018

Book Review: The People of Sparks by Jeanne DuPrau


3467

Title: The People of Sparks
Author: Jeanne DuPrau
Series/Standalone: Book of Ember (Book #2)
Genre: Middle Grade, Dystopia, Fantasy
Pages: 338
Publisher: Yearling
Year Published: 2004
Format: Audiobook

"When Lina and Doon lead their people up from the underground city of Ember, they discover a surface world of color and life. The people of a small village called Sparks agree to help the Emberites, but the villagers have never had to share their world before. Soon differences between the two groups escalate, and it's up to Lina and Doon to find a way to avoid war!

In the riveting sequel to the highly acclaimed The City of Ember, Jeanne DuPrau explores the nature of conflict and the strength and courage necessary to overcome it."

My Rating: 3/5

I was hoping for something more throughout this story and it just wasn't all I hoped it would be. I certainly wouldn't describe this book as a young adult story. This story would be a great middle-grade read but I wanted something more from it. I think that I will continue this series via audiobook, but I'm not sure if I will continue immediately after listening to this one, or if I will wait for a few months to finish.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment