Sunday, July 22, 2018

Spoiler: Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi

This was a great first installment in this series. I really loved the characters in this book, and the settings. It was interesting to see how the past compared to the present Orisha and hopefully the future. The twists in this book also got me. 
Overall the magic system was amazing. I wish I was a Tider.

Characters:
Zelie: I loved how strong she was and how she was willing to risk everything for those she loves. She is powerful and strong like her mother. Her struggles hurt my heart, and I was ready to cheer her on through everything. I really did believe in her relationship with Inan, and it was heartbreaking to see how it fell apart.

Amari: I think that she was strong in her own way. I agreed with how Zelie thought of her at the start of the story, but seeing how she was raised and the things she put up with, I think she might have been the strongest character in this story overall. And she was willing to sacrifice her way of life to help others.

Inan: I really thought that he was ready to commit to a new world where Maji and non-maji. Yet he continued to betray himself and the maji again and again. I'm also not sure if he will stay dead or if he will come back to continue the series. 

Tzain: I hope that he and Amari will continue to have this sweet relationship they've been working on, but I'm worried that the loss of Baba will be too much.

Zu: Her loss hit me the hardest out of all the losses (other than Baba), because of how much she believed in the world she was creating. She didn't run from those who stood in her way, she protected those who stood behind her.

King: His fear was based on his past which I would be interested in hearing about his first family and what happened with the Maji clans and the royalty of the past.


Moments to Remember:
Pg. 395
"'You never give up on her,' I shout after him. 'Never. Not once. Even when she cost you everything, you're always by her side.'"

Pg. 513
"I am a princess. A queen.
I am the Lionaire."

Final Line: "Now let's rise."

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment