Monday, July 2, 2018

Spoiler: The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau

This is such a popular story from my middle school, and I appreciate it overall. I think that this is one of the first dystopian books I ever read, and it is an easy read that I would suggest for those in middle school, but it is enjoyable for older readers as well. I can't wait to see how the author takes our characters above ground. 

Characters:
Doon:
I think that his need to become a hero is interesting and makes me wonder how he will cope in a new area where no one knows him. And where his finding the exit might be something negative rather than positive.


Lina: I wonder how running in the great outdoors will affect her. And how losing her grandmother so suddenly might have a backlash.

The Mayor: What a guy? I can understand how he did what he did when he believed that there was no hope.

Grandma: Hurts my heart.

Looper: I'd like to think that this wouldn't be a likely trait that people would develop but I wouldn't be surprised if many people took advantage of the system.

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment