Friday, July 27, 2018

Spoiler: Champion by Marie Lu

This series threw me for a loop. The characters, the setting and the romance was interesting to me, to say the least. I really enjoyed the characters change in pace and the way they were pulled apart. I also loved seeing other parts of the world. Antartica was amazing to see, and an interesting concept. The romance grew on me a lot. At first, I thought it was unnecessary but the more the romance was proved to me the more I wanted to fight for it.

Characters:
Day: I loved how his character handled things. I would do the same. It's easier to leave people behind without them ever knowing than telling them something that would break their heart. I was also glad that he took time to grow into himself, but it was heartbreaking to see that he didn't remember June for so long.

June: I think that she grew alot in this story. She had to understand the politics of the world, and she tried to be with someone other than Day and it just wasn't meant to be. She is an amazing character and I would be interested in a prequel story. 

Anden: I didn't appreciate how he was so much like his father at some points in the story. I think he did what he thought was right. Although he and June didn't work out, I'm sure he would find someone else willing to be with him.

Eden: His ability to put others first was unmatched throughout this story. Even though he knew it would put him in danger he was willing to be experimented on again for the greater good.

Tess: I'm glad that she grew up and we got to see her as a more mature adult. I strongly appreciated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment