Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Spoiler: Delirium by Lauren Oliver

This concept was so interesting to me, but after hearing overall series reviews I wasn't sure about whether or not to pick up this series. I really thought that this first book was a great entry into the world and the quotes really made a huge impact on the story overall and gave a look into how the world had changed. 
I also appreciated the idea of the Wilds. So excited to see that setting change in the next book.

Characters:
Lena: I think that her fear was totally valid throughout the story. If you had been taught you're a whole life that loving someone was deadly, you would stray far away from caring about anyone. Which is maybe why I was confused by how emotional she was with Hana. Obviously, it was a different love, but it still counts. Excited to see where her life goes, but heart broken about Alex.

Alex: Something has got to give. He has to have some kind of past we don't know about. I also think that we need to be given his perspective. If that's even a thing anymore. Also he has to come back right? Right?

Hana: I hope that she ends up happy. She deserves more than the life she's taking.

Gracie: She is the character that made me feel the most. I think the way she copes is interesting, and also could be a side effect of lack of love and caring as a child.

Rachel: I wonder what would have happened to her if she had never had the procedure.


Moments to Remember:

Final Line: "They cannot take it."

Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment