Saturday, July 7, 2018

Spoiler: Prodigy by Marie Lu

I was totally prepared to give up on this series based on the use of romance in the first installment but this book just really made me wonder about the world and the characters. I'm curious about where everyone will end up and how the colonies became the way they are. I'm really interested to see how June and Day manage to get through his announcement and how she will find out about his illness.

Characters: 
Day: I liked his story arch more near the end of this novel, mostly because of his super intense emotions that he felt for June. It seemed like his love for her was being forced, it just didn't seem natural at all. It was unfortunate. But the more I read, the more I was ok with how the character's relationship developed. I was disappointed in the way he handled his situation with Tess. 

June: I still think that she's a total badass, but I just couldn't relate to how she didn't understand what it was like to poor. It was like she just opened her mouth and shouted repeatedly "I was rich. I'm rich. RICH!" After she saw how the colonies were, I think that it really opened her eyes, that the grass is rarely greener, if anything it's about the same.

Thomas: His character changes was also something I wasn't ready for. The idea that he was gay and wasn't able to show his love for Metais was heartbreaking. But then seeing that he was ordered to kill his potential lover, damn it hit hard. I'm curious to see if he comes into play again after Day and June switched sides.

Tess: Man that friendzone was pretty rough.

Kaede: I was surprised how upset I was that she died. She gave up everything to save the Patriots and the Republic. To give the people another chance at life.

Razor: He was suspicious but I didn't expect him to be working in conjunction with the Senate. After hearing this though, many of my feelings of suspicion were justified.

Anden: I'm wondering what is going to happen during his reign. Will his affection for June ruin his chance of ruling without feel, or will he turn against the people if she rejects him.


Thanks for reading,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment