Thursday, November 10, 2011

Book Review: The Devouring by Simon Holt


"The Vours: Evil, dmeonic beings that inhabit human bodies on Sorry Night, the darkest hours of the winter solstice.
When dark creeps in and eats the light.
Bury your fears on Sorry Night.
For in the winter's blackest hours
Comes the feasting of the Vours.
No one can see it, the life they stole,
Your body's here but not your soul..."










MY RATING: 7/10

While I did enjoy this book and the ideas behind it, I had problem wrapping my head around the organization of all the thoughts. I enjoyed the fact that the Vours could not be seen and even though I got to being all paranoid about every character in the book being a Vour, but the way that the main characters target the "monsters", isn't a conventional one. I do enjoy the idea for certain of unseen monsters because that makes the story more real for the reader. Simon Holt seemed to have a ton of ideas but some of them just didn't seem to connect with each other. Although the plot was a little fuzy for me, the lines and moments are forever etched in my mind.
I know that's a lot of critisim but that's kinda what I do. I either love, like or hate a book. This one I like it, but I don't love it. I do plan, though, to read the sequel Soulstice.
THANK YOU SIMON HOLT, FOR MAKING THE SCARIEST MONSTERS!

Thanks for reading!
Sincerely, Sidny♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment