Thursday, February 9, 2012

Book Review: The Big Burn by Jeanette Ingold


Title: The Big Burn
Author: Jeanette Ingold
Pages: 285


"Beware the fire you can't fit..."
"Jarrett is sixteen- old enough to reject the job his father wants him to take, old enough to court Lizbeth Whitcomb, old enough to join his new friend Seth in the fight against the hundreds of forest first destroying Idaho and Montana.
But the fires are worse than anyone imagined, and the exhausted firefighters are powerless against the advancing flames. When these fires join, they become one vast inferno that threatens everything- and everyone- Jarrett holds dear."


MY RATING: 8/10

I really did enjoy this book, but I found that it didn't keep me as captive as other books have in the past and that is why I gave a 8/10 rating.
I do like historical novels and this story was amazing. It is based on one of America's biggest wildfires in 1910. I found that the descriptions were amazing! The way that Jeanette Ingold tells the story suprised me even more. I enjoyed hearing the different points of view. Getting to hear from everyone was a big highlight in this book. I think that the part that failed for me was that I was confused at points between two characters who both have names that start with S. And usually i'd figure it out before long but they seemed slightly similar in manner and that set me off.
All and I would suggest this book to history buffs and adrenaline junkies.
THANK YOU JEANETTE INGOLD FOR TELLING SO MANY POINTS OF VIEW!
Hope you all have a good day :D
Love,
Sidny

No comments:

Post a Comment