Thursday, March 8, 2012

Kate's Choice: The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall by Mary Downing Hahn


"Sophie was watching me, and I didn't know if I should fear her or try to befriend her..."

"When twelve-year-old Florence boards the horse-drawn coach in London, she looks forward to her new life at Crutchfield Hall, her great-uncle's manor house in the English countryside. Anything will be better, Florence thinks, than the grim London orphanage she just left.
Florence doesn't reckon with the eerie presence that haunts the cavernous rooms and dimly lit hallways of Crutchfield. It's the ghost of the cousin Sophia, who died the year before. Sophia's ghost seeks to recreate the scene of her death and cause someone else to die in her place so that she will be restored to life. And she intends to force Florence to help her."


Kate's Rating: 8.5/10

1. Did you enjoy this book?
♥ Yes I did enjoy this book. It's a wonderful story!

2. What was your favorite part of this book?
♥I can't choose, I enjoyed all of it :)

3. Who is your favorite character?
♥I like Florence because she isn't used to being treated so nicely! Her reactions are great.

4.Why such a scary story this time around?
♥I enjoy a good scare from time to time.

5.What was your favorite part?
♥When James was well enough to go down with them for diner.

6. Was this different from other books you've read?
♥Not exactly. There are some parts that are very different and unusual but most parts were normal.

7.Least favorite part?
♥I don't really have one.

8.Why did you pick out this book?
♥It looked interesting.

9.Who would you recommend it to?
♥Anyone who enjoys a good scare!

10.Why do you enjoy scary books?
♥I'm not sure, I just do.

Hope you enjoyed this Kate's Choice for March. Have a good day :)
Love,
Sidny + Kate ♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment