Friday, January 4, 2013

Book Review: Circle of Honor by Carol Umberger


Title: Circle of Honor
Author: Carol Umberger
Series: The Scottish Crown (Book #1)
Pages: 292
Publisher: Integrity Publishers
Year Published: 2002

" It is fourteenth century Scotland, and Gwenyth Comyn has  a chance to make: Does she falsely accuse her sworn enemy, Adam Mackintosh, of assaulting her, or does she tell the truth and remain in captivity to her actual attacker? Though telling the truth would ensure bondage for herself, accusing Adam would unjustly dishonor him- and likely secure his death. Gwenyth's decision is complicated by her strong feelings of attraction toward the kindhearted and chivalrous Adam.
 Circle of Honor takes you back to the time of Scotland's war for independence from England. When Robert the Bruce destroyed her family and her home, Gwenyth fled for her life, only to be captured and stripped of her titles and lands. Then a brutal assault by her captor leaver her wonder, Where was God when she needed Him? Does He care about her and her problems? As she struggles to hold on to her faith in God, Gwenyth must confront the battle between her desire for revenge and her growing love for Adam. Her fate, and Adam's, rest in the choice set before her."

My Rating: 4/5

I really didn't expect to like this book, as I haven't read many romances that really caught my attention. I loved the fact that this book took place in the past which lets the reader truly understand a different time. It was fun learning about the struggles of Scotland, perhaps I worded that wrong it was interesting I should say so I don't offend anyone. I liked the characters, but it was I little to simple to figure out who was good and evil. I like a bit of mystery to stuff like that. I also didn't quite enjoy how slow the beginning was. I love to just jump into a story, this wasn't quite like that and that's why I consider this book an eight. I can't wait to read another book in this series as I have heard that it follows different people instead of staying with the same ones consistently. Hopefully, this way I will not get bored.

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny ♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment