Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Book Review: Waves by Sharon Dogar



Title: Waves
Author: Sharon Dogar
Pages: 327
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Year Published: 2009

"For Hal, now, this summer is different. This summer he meets Jackie, beautiful, impulsive Jackie. Lying with her on the beach while she sculpts figures in the sand- it's paradise. Or would be if he didn't keep hearing the desperate pleas of his lost sister Charley in his head...
For Charley, then, last summer was different. Pete, the meltingly gorgeous surf god, wanted her-- seriously! She'd do anything to be with him. Even if it meant sneaking out and leaving her little brother behind. Just for one night. How could she have known what would happen at dawn?"

My Rating: 4/5

To be honest, this book was decent, but not what I expected. I was hoping for a nice beach read to get me through this cold month, but when I read this book I realized its not what I thought it would be. It wasn't a bad book and I loved that it was based from England. It gets so boring hearing about the same old places, this book gave a new experience to the reader. I also enjoyed the characters, although the way the story was told between Charley and Hal was hard for me to understand at times I liked that I was able to see from both sides. Unfortunately, I was able to guess most of the story which took the fun out of reading it and that's the reason that I couldn't rate this book higher than a nine.
THANK YOU SHARON DOGAR FOR MAKING A MYSTERY OUT OF A ROMANCE!

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny ♥♪♫

No comments:

Post a Comment