Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Spoiler: Waves by Sharon Dogar

I really didn't like this book as much as I thought I would. It was kind of just mah. I read it, but it's not going to stick with me for long. I couldn't relate to the characters at all. I understand the feeling of love, but not so much with death and being in a coma. I do like that the beach is set somewhere other than in America or other regular settings. It made me want to learn more about the beach and how it was set up, but I suppose a beach is just a beach right? Well let's talk about characters.

Characters:
Hal: I understand that anybody would freak out when they were communicating with their sister who was in a coma, but the fact that he just wishes his sister would die half the book is depressing and wrong. I also don't like the way he talks to Jackie, it seems like he's using her to get to Pete. In the end when he is with his parents after Charley dies, I'm completely disappointed in the way he acts.

Charley: I like the sound of her better than Hal, but she still seems slightly dumb. I don't like that she just doesn't check to see if anyone is following her and Pete in the woods. If you hear something go check it out, don't just rely on Pete's word.

Jackie: I'm not sure if I like her or not. She seems like your average teenage girl. I think she kind of stalks Hal though.

Pete: I honestly believed that he was cheating on Charley with Am. I understand that he feels the need to protect Am, but he goes a little to far by being accused of beating her and then letting her make fun of Charley.

Am: I know it's wrong, but I like Am the best. She's got spunk, maybe a bit to much, but still.  She's been through so much and the fact that she still wants Pete is obvious. I think that he wanted her back to. I can't believe that she just left Charley to practically die though. That's wrong on so many level.


Moments to Remember:
♥Pg. 11
"'The sun's out, sweetheart,' she says. Yeah, right, Mum, scintillating stuff; that'll bring her right back to life!"

♥Pg. 99
"'Help!' I yell to the passersby. 'She's holding my ice cream hostage.' The oldies stare and smile. 'Somebody liberate the ice cream,'"

♥Pg. 313
"'We didn't say good-bye,' I whisper.
'And I didn't say I love you,' he tells me.
'You didn't have to.'"

Thanks for reading,
Love,
Sidny xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment